The Overseas Development Assistance, or ODA, programme of the Foundation obtains Malta Government funds via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, for anti-poverty projects of our overseas partners in developing countries. After the project starts, we liaise with our overseas partners from these countries to ensure that they have no difficulties with the required quarterly reports. These include detailed financial accounts, progress reports, and photographs of the activities. All the assistance to our overseas partners is provided by a volunteer and SJAF does not benefit from any of the Ministry funds.
So far, we have facilitated 8 Projects:
- 2010 Pakistan Project Name: Rebuilding a clinic in a poverstry-stricken area after earthquake damage.
- 2011 South Sudan Project Name: Initiating socioeconomic development especially among women in rural South Sudan
- Wad- Akona Upper Nile State Malakal
- 2012 Central African Republic Project Name: Skills Development Among Poor Single Teenage Mothers, Nemesia Centre, Berberati
- 2013 Malawi Project Name: Malawi - Construction and operation Health Post for later development into a hospital
- 2014 Peru Project Name: A Home for Elderly Abandoned Women in the amazon Rainforest; Iquitos, a Peruvian rain-forest city
- 2015 Malawi - Project Name: Nthalire Women Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods Project
- 2015 Peru - Project Name: AA Home For Aids Patients, Parroquia San Martin De Porres, Iquitos
- 2016 Malawi - Project Name: Chinunkha Women Economic Empowerment
- 2017 Central African Republic Project Name: Construction of a borehole BOUAR, Central African Republic